Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder from Japan
Our organic matcha powder is imported from the Chūbu region in the beautiful mountains of the Shizuoka Prefecture. Because of the remote location and elevation, Shizuoka is a premiere matcha growing region in Japan.
What is matcha and how is it made?
Matcha is the result of Japanese green tea leaves ground into a fine powder. We partner with expert local farmers who’ve been honing their craft for generations. Their technique ensures the premium, shade grown tea leaves are carefully hand selected, steamed to stop fermentation, then finally dried and aged. This provides a deeper flavor for when the leaves are finally stone-ground into a fine powder.
What are some benefits from drinking Matcha?
The natural caffeine from Matcha can help increase metabolism to assist the body burn fat and calories for weight loss. This is wonderful for Keto & Vegan because Kate Naturals Matcha is Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Nut Free.
100% USDA Organic
Pure and authentic Japanese Matcha that is USDA certified organic is an extremely rare ingredient because less than 1% of Japanese tea farms are certified. We are fortunate to work with some of the highest quality farmers in the world for this amazing green tea powder and we hope you like it as much as we do.
Delicious Matcha Green Tea Recipes:
The Perfect Matcha Latte
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Kate Naturals Organic Japanese Matcha
- 8 oz hot water
- 8 oz almond milk
- Vanilla, almond, or mint flavors (optional)
3. Continue to add more hot water (we recommend 8 ounces). Adjust the amount of water to fit your taste.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 tablespoon Japanese matcha.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk,1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
2. In a small bowl, measure out flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and Matcha green tea powder, mix well with a whisk and set aside. Add buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk to combine.
3. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the liquid mixture while slowly whisking with the other hand. Mix only until combined, use a spatula to scrape any flour on the side of the bowl and mix up anything at the bottom of the bowl.
4. Divide batter equally among 12 cups.
Matcha Fruit Smoothie
- 1 Large Mango (fresh or frozen).
- 2 Frozen Bananas.
- 2 tsp Japanese matcha.
- 1 cup Light Coconut Milk (240ml).
2. Blend until creamy and smooth.Click here to buy Organic Matcha Green Tea